Monday, December 15, 2008

Must Use Words

I cannot yet post photos. I will at some point. But it makes me realize how much I rely on photography to capture moments and insights. Does a picture really tell a 1000 words, I feel like at least more words than I feel I can write (even I don't read really long blog postings.)

I think back on so many things I've seen that I did not capture (hahah, despite what many may think, I didn't spend the past 5 months behind a lens) Some of my favorite savored memories are the following (ones I wish I had a photo of, but will have to etch it into my memory instead): a gaggle of novice monks in Burma wearing vibrant orange all trying on faux gold Rolex watches, jostling each other, enjoying a taste of materialism. A well balanced toddler, maybe 3 or 4 riding a bicycle that was built for an adult, straddling the lowest bar, tippie-toe on the pedals and barely reaching the bottom of the handle bars to steer.

Ok, now let's see if I can describe the past two weeks and the six countries I have visited while whirlwind traveling with my dad...

***shoot! Ran out of time, hahahah, will post again soon!***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a tease... I remember snorkeling, and you enjoying the fish!