Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy VD!


Violet Love Notes! For my girlfriends at the lunch this weekend. Every second Saturday Spokane's Shrinking Violet Society meets at One World Cafe (local! organic! vega/vege-friendly! pay what you can!) Here, this saucy social co-op, convenes to network, empower, and depart full and inspired. This was how I was welcomed into the Spokane scene immediately upon arrival, and now I consider myself a violet. Recently while recruiting performers for our upcoming Violet Fair at the end of February, one of the lady DJs replied that she'd be honored to play for the "screaming violets." I love this misnomer, sometimes we could definitely rock a more hard-core name than shrinking but the name has meaning and was originally likened to the Ladies Sewing Circle and Terrorist Society.


So this Love Nest Day, the lasses are exchanging Valentines. I couldn't swing the card making party so I've taken over the kitchen and have been generating fun cards all week in preparation. It feels like solid therapy to make something out of the dregs of your art supply bin with your hands and still-gooey glue.



PSA from Nurse Jane: Happy Cardiac Day to my readers! Remember dark chocolate + red wine + oxytocin (the love hormone) is good for your old ticker.


xoxo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

xoxo <3

Cali Loves Seattle said...

Oh happy cardiac day to you too. I have to admit though that when I saw the title of the entry I thought "happy venereal disease?"- sorry! Love the cards! How fun.

JANE said...

Yes! Well done Chelle, "Venereal Disease" was precisely what I was going for there, hahahah!

Lynette Pflueger said...

Soooooooo cute! I'm so sorry I'll miss the lunch:( Thanks for your help today with the flyers, sorry I missed you, we've been so so so busy! Anyway, I hope to see you soon. Happy V-Day!!!

Monique said...

And I'm so glad you showed up in this scene; you're a great addition to the Violets!!!

Johanna said...

Oh that club does sound fun. And... ahem, at the end of the post I read "+oxycontin." Yeah... That and wine would make for a fun cardiac day!!