Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sayonara nose piercing!

Hola awesome job!
     I just received the call, I am a brand new nurse in the Emergency Department at Sacred Heart. Thank you, thank you... now, no one better visit me at work! Dad... Christine's kids... etc.
     Late in the evening yesterday I received a call from the Emergency Department Director asking if I could come in for that second interview she'd mentioned (and in my head I had convinced myself I had hallucinated about..). But bright and early this very morning I met with two Assistant Nurse Managers and fielded questions about my experiences: Harborview's Level I Emergency unit, and Psychiatric ED and Trauma ICU, Thailand, my research in Indonesia and my experience with the Nursing Action Forum committee at Virginia Mason.
     Joey and I made bets on what day I would get the call, we both lost. Not two hours later good ol' Bob at HR, who I've met now several times, called to offer me the position (so long prospects on the step-down trauma unit and the pediatrics department)! I am the first new grad RN to be hired into the ED at Sacred Heart. A level II trauma center, serving the Inland Northwest, in the hospital where I was born.
     I start on Monday the 23rd (so yes, I'm coming to Seattle next week for a visit)!

8 comments:

Cali Loves Seattle said...

Congrats Jane!! I knew you would easily land any position you interviewed for. They are so lucky to have you on their team.

Joey said...

Congratulations! I'm super proud of you and I know I'm not the only one. Let's celebrate.

Joey said...

Oh, I failed to say my goodbyes to such a darling accessory. Adios nose pierce, adieu, caio, etc.

C.Lee said...

Of course, of course they hired you. You are AWESOME! And will help a lot of people (no one related). We must come up with alternate, or at least temporary, bling to replace to nosey!

Johanna said...

Congratulations, Jane! This is awesome news. You're going to do great. Your patients are going to receive a level of love and care such that they're going to heal fast and be spoiled -in a good way :)

And where is this hospital? Sorry, I don't know my Northwest geography well.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to an amazing young woman! We knew Sacred Heart would hire you. Celebrate this next big step in your life. Diane and John

Audrey Simon said...

Oh my gosh, that is wonderful news!!! How exciting, and what a great learning opportunity. Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congrats Nurse Jane! I'm so proud of you - and getting hired in Spokane no less.

Let me know if you need an apt.