Monday, August 11, 2008

Contact Information and the Dirty Duck Diner


I eat gado gado everyday. My first dish was at the local Dirty Duck Diner a favorite restaurant from when I was here last with the girls in 2001. Apparently it was named for its first guests; before it was completed, a flock of ducks ran through the restaurant to the rice paddies out back and left their muddy tracks! Gado gado is a dish of sprouted grains, kale, bok choy, carrots, green beans, tofu, colorful chilis and a liberal amount of peanut sauce. It’s even better than it sounds! This meal was accompanied by a blended fresh watermelon, ginger and mint leaf drink [Raederle, Kaiulani, Corinne & Lynette, it was even better than I remembered; you have no idea how much I wish you were all here again with me!]

At the center, if not at a birth, I have been assisting in the clinic. There are prenatal visits, acupuncture, moxabustion, cupping, massage and reiki [Grammy I am doing lots of wonderful and energy rich reiki here, thank you!] and they do a pediatric clinic on Mondays. Kids with cerebral palsy can get routine acupuncture and there have been numerous improvements on body movement and stabilization of nerves apparently.

***

I can be reached by mail via the clinic at:

JANE SILVER

c/o Yayasan Bumi Sehat

Nyuh Kuning Village PO Box 116

Ubud, Bali 80571 Indonesia

and I now have a phone from the clinic to be on-call, it's free to receive calls, so if you're inclined... Forest... 

0 62* 81 353 01 2276

*please note the change!

3 comments:

Marian said...

We miss you! It sounds like such an experience already. Looking forward to more stories to come.

xxoo from Julesy and me

Doula Sara said...

WOW! You are truley an inspiration for all Doula. All my love! -Sara*

Sadraki said...

Hi, Sounds like a great time. All of the kids I've worked with who had CP over the years have all benefited greatly from acupuncture--especially as toddlers or preschool age!
Chelsea